Apothecary Products, LLC Named Employer of Excellence
10 winners from Dakota and Scott counties
Apothecary Products, LLC, Burnsville was named as one of the area’s Employers of Excellence on May 13th. The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board recognized 10 area organizations as Employers of Excellence for their employee retention, compensation and training practices. The Workforce Development Board wanted to recognize some of the best employers in Dakota and Scott counties and provide vital information to companies about the practices they use to attract and retain employees.
Each participant completed a 40-question survey that allowed their employment practices to be analyzed by a consulting firm. Every organization participating in the survey received a 20-page report detailing the information on their company and the results of the survey. Employers were evaluated on numerous metrics.
Program sponsors included Dakota County Community Development Agency, Scott County Community Development Agency, Inver Hills Community College and Dakota County Technical College.
Innovative practices included:
- Annual education on key principles of the critical role diversity and inclusion play in a positive work culture.
- Educate hiring managers on conscious and unconscious bias in the hiring process.
- Implemented a 2nd shift in 6 days to create better social distancing of the team.
The complete list of Employers of Excellence includes:
Small Employer (Under 50 Employees)
– Bankers Equipment Service, Burnsville
– Diedrich RPM, Burnsville
– Midwest Industrial Coatings, Shakopee
– New Market Bank, Lakeville
Mid-Size Employer (50-200 employees)
– Apothecary Products, LLC, Burnsville
– Carlson Capital Management, Hastings
– Dakota Electric Association, Farmington
– Hydra-Flex, Inc., Savage
Large Employer (Over 200 employees)
– Entrust, Shakopee
– Prime Therapeutics, Eagan
Pictured above is (left) Kristine Clausen, Vice President of Human Resources for the company and Skip Nienhaus, Employer of Excellence committee member.