Apothecary Products, Burnsville was named as one of the area’s Employers of Excellence on May 25th. The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board recognized six area organizations as Employers of Excellence for their employee retention, compensation and training practices. In these times of numerous workforce challenges, the Workforce Development Board wanted to recognize some of the best employers in Dakota and Scott counties.
Each participant completed a 40-question survey that allowed their employment practices to be analyzed by a consulting firm. Every organization participating in the survey received a 20-page report detailing the information on their company and the results of the survey. Employers were evaluated on numerous metrics.
Program sponsors included the Workforce Development Board, Dakota County Community Development Agency, Scott County Community Development Agency, Inver Hills Community College and Dakota County Technical College.
Key factors for the organization included:
- High promotion rates
- 100% enrollment in voluntary retirement program
- 100% enrollment in Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability program
- 26 paid days off after one-year of employment.
Innovative practices included:
- Inclusive environment – Committed to attracting, motivating, developing, and retaining people who represent differences of all kinds such as gender, age, race, religion, work style and diversity of thought.
- Efforts to expand applicant pool included refreshing job titles, hiring bonuses, increasing base compensation, created ESG program, and celebrating company charitable giving activities thru social media posts.
The complete list of Employers of Excellence includes:
Small Employer (Under 75 Employees)
- Bankers Equipment Service, Burnsville
- Better Business Bureau, Burnsville
- Midwest Industrial Coatings, Shakopee
Large Employer (75+ employees)
- Advanced Wireless Communications, Lakeville
- Apothecary Products, Burnsville
- Dakota Electric Association, Farmington
Pictured above from left to right: Laura Born, Sr. Human Resources Generalist and Morgan Marschel, Human Resources Coordinator.